Monday, October 12, 2015

FALL MAGIC or Why I love Autumn Gardens in Woodlands


Apart from pushing spider webs out of the way when walking the woodland paths and sweeping them from the house eaves, at this time of year, be on the look out for magical visual gifts in the early morning lit up by the slanting sun. 


I saw this silvery floating disk from my kitchen window as I was washing up the breakfast dishes. 


There it was....a floating alien space ship looking to land in my woods. 


I knew I had to get outside quickly to capture it's glowing placement before the sun rose a little higher in the sky.  I keep my IPhone at the ready. 


Try as I might, I couldn't get a clear image of Mrs. Spider in her leafy shelter resting above the web attached by a single strand of silk. 


15 minutes later the web disappeared in shadow as the sun moved on for the day. 
What better reason to live on the woods than to experience moments like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment